Friday, April 14, 2006

It’s In the Details

I’m a detail person, I always have been. Ask me where I find God, most often it’s in the details. Tonight was no different. It was dinner time and we were banking on the good ol’ visa card since we were running low on cash. Avoiding non network banks and the last Deutsche Bank (local affiliate of BofA) we had seen was in Krakow. That wasn’t going to get us dinner at the local cash only pizzeria.

So we’re standing in front of the pizza counter debating on if its worth the ATM fees to go get cash from a random bank or to keep walking and try to find a restaurant that would take the plastic. Finally we decide to take the chance and learn once and for all if BofA was going to be coming for our pinkie fingers in exchange for out-of-network and out-of-country cash.

So we step outside, I point across the street to the nearest bank I had seen- noting only the word “Bank” before and realizing had I paid attention to the entire sign it said “Deutsche Bank”.

So as Emrys went sprinting across the street, I stood on the corner, shaking my head that once again, God’s in the details!

~sjt

No comments: