Sunday, April 08, 2012

New Dishwasher

What better way to celebrate Good Friday than to bring greater cleanliness to our home? In observance of this holiday, before the evening worship service, I got on my knees and installed a new dishwasher.

Here is the red curtain covering the opening from the former dishwasher. When it bit the bullet during installation of the new kitchen floor, we decided to get a new one. Note the dishes in the sink awaiting hand washing, and the drying rack taking up a copious amount of counter space:
 After six hours of work . . . Yes, I said "six hours." Note that for much of the project I had the assistance of my very helpful three-year-old daughter. Note also that because the new flooring brought the floor level up almost three-quarters of an inch, the counter's edge required some carving out to make the new appliance fit. Plus there was trim work to finish, and the added fact that this was the first dishwasher I have installed new. So what probably takes a professional installation crew less than an hour took me about six.

No worries: it's done. Here is our new Frigidaire Gallery washer. You can see the black Floor Saver water spill tray poking out from under the front edge. This simple device sheds any leaking water out to the front, so that leaks are immediately discernible and need not destroy the flooring underneath.
~ emrys

No comments: