Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hokitika Rocks

As I walk along the beach in Hokitika the sand is spotted with innumerable stones of all sizes each one a piece of art. I don’t think I ever would have paid much attention to rocks until my aunt says to me “bring me a rock back from New Zealand”. So I’ve been looking at rocks a little closer. I’ve found some fun ones along the way but there’s something about the rocks here that makes each of them a work of art. They vary in color from snow white to deep evergreen to rust colored and everything in between. Then, there are the normal stone grey rocks but if you look closer they are veined with gold, rust, and white and look as if they’ve been painted. On a beach where one would expect an abundance of shells, there’s not a shell to be found but instead this other wonder of nature. Beautiful stuff!
~sjt

1 comment:

~Debi~ said...

Uncle Jed and Granny like Possum too! ;)

I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS!! I'm so - so jealous! Wow...the glaciers...wow and the dolphins!!

Take some photos of the rocks...they sound beautiful. :)

Thanks for sharing...Hope you are feeling well - you look GREAT!

Until next time.
Love ya,
Debi