Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sadness

I am sad.

I wish that I could euphemize the feeling by saying I'm "just a little blue," like when we sugar-coat anger by calling it "frustration." But I cannot.

I finally said it out loud today. Even while praising the Lord for all the blessings I have seen this past week, I feel sad.

I have seen so much suffering and so much loss in the last ten days. I have watched and listened to too much pain. It has resonated in my heart and dyed the fibers of my soul. I am sad.

Exhaustion makes it impossible to hide; its intensity makes it impossible to ignore anymore. So I shall dwell in it until it is time for something else.

~ emrys

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh Sara & Emrys, our hearts break for your town! Chuck and I have been praying each morning for strength for you as you serve your community. May God encourage you and shine his face upon you this week.

gingerwnh said...

I am sad with you but not exhausted as you are by the experience. I hope that the prayers that surround you will lift you up and renew your strength in the days ahead.