Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Look Who's 3 - and some Gwendolysms


Decked out in her princess skirts and birthday bling, Gwendolyn had a great birthday with family and friends.  Most days she will now tell you she's "twee" and hold up the corresponding fingers.  But there are some days when she'll tell  you she's four, or seven or ten.  We promptly correct her and ask her to slow down!  Her favorite movie these days is Cars - "I like the red car!"

He speech seemed to pick up at an amazing rate in the last few weeks and she is quite the little chatter box.  Since most of children's speech is picked up from conversations around them, here's a little peek into our world through Gwen quotes:

"Mommy, I gettin' too big for my pants"

G: "Mommy I need medicine, I sick"
Me: "You can't go play with K if you're sick"
G: "Mommy, I all better now!"

Regarding a package that came in the mail: "It for me!  It my birthday". Um, nope, its car parts.  Nice try though.

After taking the laundry out of the dryer for me: "I a big hepper".  Yes, yes you are!

"Mommy, I take a nap. Now I need a wowwipop".  (Exchange the w's for l's for a full translation - and I was so glad to get the nap too that I was happy to indulge her with a wowwipop!)

Life is full, and Gwendolyn is a great joy.  Happy 3 Years to my Baby Girl!

No comments: