Friday, November 07, 2014

Both Ends of the Spectrum

The stark contrasts within my children sometimes amaze me. It's as if, at the age of 5 1/2, there is a policy of full inclusion, unconscious of paradoxes that we will see later in life.

Here is my daughter, gleefully sloshing in the autumn creek water, one of her favorite activities outside:
And here is that same young lady, poised and ready for the beginning of Sunday morning worship:
I'm not sure who taught her to cross her legs like that--I suspect that, yet again, she's imitating Kerri. Of course, one thing is constant: PinkAndPurple.

What a grand mixture we are, from the very beginning!

~ emrys

1 comment:

Gwen Raubolt said...

Hmm...what a lovely name for a lovely daughter;-)
It has served me well these many years. Lee and I were just speaking of the two of you the other day and wondering where life has taken you. What a beautiful family you have. We hope you are all healthy and happy. Best wishes this holiday season!
Gwen Raubolt