Friday, May 27, 2005

Gotta Love Modern Drugs!!

Well under the care of medical professionals, I had the bone marrow biopsy this morning. They pumped me full of some fun drugs and while I have no recollection of the procedure, apparently I talked all the way through it! The nurses would tell me to close my eyes and go to sleep and I'd close my eyes for about 10 seconds and then they'd pop wide open and I'd start talking again. And the best part of it is that I can hear the story and LAUGH! I'm finding that next to prayer and faith, laughter truly is the best medicine (although the amnesic stuff is fun too!). In response to a number of e-mails asking what you can do to help, prayers always top the list but next to that, anything that will bring a smile to my face (and Emrys') in the coming months will be most welcome! Be that by e-mail, snail mail (see link to the right for Sonlight and the mailing address is in the Contact Us tab and will be good until Aug. 1), voicemail (since the phone doesn't work so well at camp) or whatever.
I love you all and please know that I'm truly doing well!
Love,
Sara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara and Emrys,

I don't think Sara and I have ever met, but I was still saddened and suprised to hear that your health was in trouble. I hope very much that you recover quickly. Its good that you seem to be in good spirits and that you are doing well.

Hang in there, and best wishes, Markus