Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Yarn Dying


The weekend before Thanksgiving I was invited to join a local artist in experimenting with yarn dying. We had a great time. She let me pick the colors and we set to work measuring lengths of wool yarn, stuffing them in zip-lock bags and adding dye to color the measured segments. It was a fun craft to learn and a great time of visiting. After the yarn was dyed, it was “cooked”, rinsed and dried. The finished product is a beautiful, soft, variegated yarn of red, yellow, blue and gray. I’ve used some of it to knit a scarf that’s on its way to a friend and the rest I will be using for a scarf for myself! (in all my yarn works I haven’t kept anything yet!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!
damama

Sophie Marian said...

Wow! What a beautiful piece of artwork - I love it. Your creativity and talents never cease to amaze me.