Saturday, August 12, 2006

Reunion at Fry’s

We arrived back in Phoenix from Durango on Thursday evening in order to connect with friends from Fuller who would be in town to visit family this weekend. Emrys was very excited when this opportunity arose as Rob had moved to Washington when we moved to Colorado last summer and while they talk on the phone, it’d been a year since the soccer buddies had gotten together.

We’re staying at my parent’s house, which is a ways away from – well – anything and kind of confusing to find the first time you visit. So we made arrangements to rendezvous at a supermarket. Promptly at 11:00AM we walked into Fry’s. I wander over to the right towards the produce displays and to my left I hear Emrys exclaim- ‘He-ey!’ I look to the left and there’s Rob and his wife, Casie, sitting at a display patio table. Rob jumps up, and runs towards Emrys in a fashion reminiscent of the slow motion reunions you see in those sappy movies. Emrys is grabbed into a bear hug and I watch as Emrys’ feet leave the ground. Mind you, Rob is about 5 inches shorter than Emrys. Casie and I watch in amusement as the boys reunite. The service desk staff watched with a little more confusion mixed with their amusement. It can’t be every day you see two men grab each other in bear hugs in the middle of the supermarket. “Old friends we haven’t seen in a while” I toss over my shoulder as Rob turns to me.

We had a wonderful visit with them and spent the day catching up and enjoying the amenities of our temporary residence!

No comments: