Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Seeing Red (At Last)

The next step to completing the new countertop in the kitchen has been completed. I finished the outside of the cabinets with hardwood plywood, installed a sliding closet door, and painted it the same red as the accent colour in the kitchen. (What percentage of surface must be covered in paint before it's no longer an accent colour?)

The sliding door came about because I didn't want to waste the three cubic feet of space under the countertop. Seems like I spent enough time in other countries to catch the desire to use every cubic inch of space in the house.


Or maybe I'm just tired of seeing every horizontal surface fill up with stuff so fast.


Last element in the project: install shelves in that little space.

~emrys


2 comments:

Sophie Marian said...

i am quite impressed - good job monkeys :)

Anonymous said...

ET you crack me up! I can't wait till you have kids of your own and I hope you have good medical insurance!! Otherwise my life will become full time intercession!! I am seeing a Calvin and Hobbs cartoon ans I read of your adventure in waxed sleds.
Da Mama