Monday, June 30, 2008

The Jar is Half Empty!

This is not one of those philosophical discussions, as one might think- it is a fact. Yesterday, I filled a jar to the tip top with my favorite chocolates and left it out on the counter. My little spot of decadence in the day, a yummy dark chocolate morsel to get through the afternoon. It was full to the top and no room for a lid, so the jar was left open. Therein, apparently, was my mistake. When the chocolates were in their bags on the counter, no problems, in the jar however there is a serious problem. This morning the jar is half empty!

After turning an accusing finger on Emrys and being convinced that he wouldn't have eaten half the jar of chocolates overnight and being pretty sure that I haven't been eating in my sleep the only real explanation is that we have some Free-Loading Rodent-Squatter who has raided my chocolate! and I'm ticked! I'll share my yummy treats with people- (although I've been known to hide them when I'm out of town), but with a Free-Loading Rodent-Squatter - no WAY!

There's now a lid on my half empty jar and Emrys has been put on trap duty. F-L R-S - your days are numbered!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not fair for any creature two legged or four legged to steal a women's chocolate. At least here the likley theif is 2 legged and under 18. You will have to bait the trap with choclate as PB is not likly to work due to the theif higher tastes in life. Good luck :)