Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?!

Life is full right now and I’m enjoying most of it. The thought of a day at home without a to-do list a mile long sounds appealing, but not probable for quite a while. I’m still trying to get caught up from my trip to Wisconsin. I was gone for 9 days and it was a great time visiting with family and friends. Emrys even cleaned while I was gone, which was a great treat to come home to. However the Garden Elf was on vacation and none of the weeding got done.

I’ve gotten most of the veggie beds cleaned out now, the flower beds have been sorely neglected. Jack in the Pulpit & Columbines are under attack by the Evil Weeds and I’m hoping to get out there this afternoon if it’s not too hot. The first batches of asparagus, spinach and snap peas have already been consumed is promise of much more to come – yummy! We also have green beans, cucumbers, squash, soy beans, peppers (3 varieties), carrots, tomatos, broccoli and cauliflower all doing their growing thing to fill my fridge & freezer with produce. I love it!

The baking projects of winter have waned and I’ve taken on other fun kitchen experiments – like making yogurt. The first batch is in the incubator as I type – we’ll see how it turns out. Emrys was especially happy when I pointed out that I had used whole milk for the project – not the lowfat stuff.

Craft fair season is right around the corner. I’ll be setting up for the Owego Strawberry Festival on June 21st and the Montrose (PA) 4th of July Festival so I’ve got to get my act together! I’ve got the candles poured. Now it’s just the organizing – bleh! I have special orders coming in for the end of the year holiday season which is really exciting!

I guess that’s about all that’s fit to print. Time for me to quit procrastinating and get to work!
~sjt

No comments: