Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Chemo Sucks!

Fatigue & Nausea from the chemo have set in and I’ve been kicking back the nausea drugs, which also knock me out. Last night I got past the denial point of realizing that yes, I am sick and I have to get sicker before I can be better and that involves rest and not pushing myself. Two things I’m not very good at. It made looking forward to the coming treatments even more discouraging knowing that I feel like crap now and have to do it all over again- 7 more times.

Our accommodations at camp have been “upgraded” from our little cabin to a camper with a bathroom. Emrys did a re-model today to change the two twin beds into a “princess loft” for us. Worked great for a nap this afternoon!

Please pray that the nausea would clear up and that the portacath would settle in- it’s still uncomfortable. Please also pray that I will be able to remain positive and upbeat as this time goes on and for Emrys and others as they play the emotional support I need at this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Sara & Emrys. You are in our prayers, and we know it will be rough before it gets better. Know that God has plans for you, and you have friends praying for you.
Essie

Anonymous said...

Sara, you continue to be inour prayers and in the palm of God's hand. Healing will come. blessings, Stephanie