Friday, June 24, 2005

Cycle 1- Treatment 2

After a week of being back on my feet (but taking it easy all the same) I went in today for the second (and last) treatment of my first cycle of chemo (three to go). Emrys stayed behind at camp this time around to help pack out the Wilderness Week campers. Friends dropped me off, came to visit and drove me home after the treatment and are taking care of me tonight- God bless them! Walking in to the clinic I could feel that all the prayers and thoughts of my friends were behind me because I was totally at peace, even though I was walking in alone (armed with a good book and a crochet project) and last time I had gone through it I was sick for a week. I was peaceful and very upbeat and positive. It was great!
After chatting about the anti-nausea meds, my doctor decided to try some new stuff this time around so hopefully I will have a quicker rebound period this time. So we’re one step closer to being done with this and being cured!
Thanks to all of those praying, I believe that prayer does work and appreciate all of you lifting us up. Please pray that I will have a quick recovery from this treatment and please pray that my white blood cell count will rebound (the “magic number” has to be 1.5 for them to proceed with the full chemo treatment and today it was at 1.5). While it didn't effect today's treatment, it would be a good thing to have white blood cells around doing what they're supposed to do!
Love & Thanks!
~sjt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Tyler-

You are one of the not so jewish names called out during the Mi Shebeirach at my temple. It is a prayer of healing for people who are not present and I say it for you every week.

I keep thinking about you and praying for you.

Love,
Leahj

Anonymous said...

Sara,

Living God is still doing miracles among humanity. I share with you joy in the Lord. You will be in my heart and my prayers.

Thanh

Anonymous said...

I just saw a picture of Geo's haircut and in my opinion, he is the leader in the clubhouse for the cruelest cut of them all.

DW