Tuesday, June 28, 2005

An Easier Road

My second chemo treatment has been a lot easier going than the first one. The post treatment meds have been much nicer to me and today I’m off the meds completely and just sleeping. With help from the weather- it’s easier to sleep on cloudy days! One of the other chemo side effects that kicked in is an “acid-reflux” type of burning that isn’t a lot of fun but better than the nausea if I had to pick one. I’m doing well and have learned to listen to my body when it says “rest”. Emrys is off perfecting the hand-washing station for the campers. He’s doing great at keeping up with me. I am blessed!

One answered prayer from 6/24 in that the chemo has been much easier this time around. Please continue to pray that my white count will bounce back and I will remain safe from any infections while it is low.
Much Love!
~sjt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, it's good to hear that the second round is easier. We will continue to pray for you, your white count and being infection free. I also pray for your spirit. I imagine this is very discouraging and pray for your comfort and hope in a better tomorrow. I always like to remember, "the Lord has plans for you, for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." You are loved dearly.
Blessings in Christ, Stephanie