Friday, August 19, 2005

Halleluiah, NO MORE CHEMO!!

Chemo is over- Praise God! After my doctor consulted with the pediatric oncologists at University of New Mexico, we found out last night that the 3 cycles of chemotherapy I have completed will be sufficient and I will have to complete 3 weeks of radiation therapy as icing on the cake to make sure that any little cancer cells that may be hanging out get eradicated as well. But for now, I take great joy in knowing that when I am done with feeling yucky this time around, I get to continue getting better. Its my understanding that the radiation treatments are a little less jarring on the body than the chemotherapy was. Here's for hoping!

So this morning after my Neulasta shot all the nurses, staff and my Doctor were there to share in our rejoicing! It was a wonderful moment that I cherish in the small clinic that has truly cared about me/us and oujourneyny towards the cure. I also found out that another friend of mine is planning owalkingng a marathon in January with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Look for a link to her website coming soon.

So this means that the trip to Branson, MO for a family reunion for the Wheats will be a much better weekend. We will be moving into the apartment today and I'm so looking forward to the space again.

Thanks to all who have supported us in so many ways through this summer journey! All too numerous to thank personally but know that I there was a way I'd love to have the opportunity to personally thank everyone. For now I'll continue in getting as far as I can.
Love to you all! More info on our Lake City opportunity next time- still in the air on that but should have information next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, glad to hear it! Take good care.
-Carrie