Thursday, August 04, 2005

Awesome News... and not so awesome details...

The CT scan went well on Tuesday and I have had a couple good days before returning for chemo today. Before the chemo came the results of the CT scan: CLEAR! No evidence of any enlarged lymph nodes at all- anywhere! So the good news is that the chemo is doing its job.

The bad news is that I still have to finish out the 3 remaining treatments and my doctor is still talking about radiation. I’d prefer to skip the radiation portion of this show and move on to the “cancer-free” status waiting for me but I’d also like to have my doctor’s endorsement on that. So please pray that the radiation is not necessary and I can move on to regaining my health at the end of September.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers during this time. I appreciate your continued prayers as I continue through the remainder of the chemo. It’s especially frustrating knowing that I’m going through the chemo but all the enlarged lymph nodes, scar tissue and all, are gone. The recovery time after the treatments seems to have gotten longer with this last treatment and it is becoming wearing on me overall. Thanks so much and love to you all!
~sjt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for this specific answer to parayer! We will keep praying for NO RADIATION! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara,

Praise the Lord! God always listens to our prayers. Our God is a living God, good and faithful. I will keep your wish for no radiation in my prayers. I love you, Sara.

Thanh

Anonymous said...

Sara and Emrys,
We are delighted to hear this latest update and rejoice with you! You have been so full of His Spirit through the whole process. We are so proud to be called your friends.

Love, Amy and Josh