Friday, December 08, 2006

22 Miles DONE!

So in preparation for the marathon in January, today was my longest training walk before the big day. Today I finished 22 miles in 5 ½ hours which is right on track for my 15 minute mile pace. To say I’m ready for the 26.2 might be a bit of a stretch right now, but I’m well on my way and know I’ll finish. If I can make it 22 miles in NY temperatures between 10 and 22 degrees, 26.2 in AZ temperatures of 55-70 is actually sounding really good!

Here’s a crazy fact for ya- I’ll have walked over 400 miles in preparation for the marathon. In Emrys' words- I’m nuts! NVTS nuts! I may be nuts, but I’m really thankful to be healthy and that’s the bottom line of my craziness.

I’ve not quite made my fundraising goal yet, so if you’ve been tossing around the idea of donating, please do. (see Team in Training Fundraising link on the right) And in this time of year when money’s usually tight, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and I finish out my training and head for the marathon!
Blessings,
~sjt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Sara, I do my stationary bike everyday (twice a day) but only go about 6 miles each time in about 25 minutes. I think you are doing great and will have an even better time/mile when the big day comes and you do the Marathon. Hang in there and keep up the good work. We are all a little nuts on something so - go for it. After all see that the crayness is coming from your husband - who is a little nuts himself - only makes it great to be crazy together and have lots of laughter. Enjoy and all the best for this coming Sunday to both you and especially Emyrs. Hugs and Happy Day, Diane and Tom

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Sorry I can't be with you on Sunday, but my thoughts and prayers will be there. Love, Jeanie

Anonymous said...

you are my hero...and I'm excited to beat this cold so I can start training again...