Monday, December 04, 2006

Where's the...

A often used refrain over the last 4 days of packing and moving! Right now my line is "Where's the silverware!" I've unpacked most of the kitchen. I know I got rid of a bunch of stuff when we left Pasadena, but I didn't think I got rid of the silverware. Hmmmm. I have a few more boxes to go before it gets added to the shopping list.

Moving was phenomenal! We had a bunch of folks from church offering to help so we announced on Sunday that I'd meet up with whoever would like to help at 1:30 and we'd do a run for boxes and Emrys would meet up with folks this morning to do the furniture. Sunday afternoon, the wagon train headed to our little trailer. 9 vehicles and about 14 volunteers had our little home packed up in vehicles in 30 minutes flat! And unloaded into our new home in about 30 minutes as well. I was so amazed and blessed! In 2 hours we were 90% moved. Now, we're completely moved out and happily settling into our new home-complete with chlorination water system. We're still trying to find things and finding things we forgot we had. It's fun!

~sjt
P.S. Stay tuned for "Adventures In Home Repair with Emrys"

2 comments:

Cathey and Enn said...

Thanks for sharing your move-in stories! Let us know when you find your silverware...do like your Mom does, play the silverware game. You get the knife, you get a measuring, cup, you get the beaters, etc.!We once had to make PB&J sandwiches with a nail file...(camping) Good luck! Love, The Trubergs

Wes and Anna Kendall said...

I'd like to say that all your items are sure to show up, but ...

I think moving is like doing the laundry, only you end up losing more than just one sock. We still cannot find three DVD box sets, and it is driving me insane. I fall asleep wondering if I threw them away beneath all the other packing paper.

Wes