Monday, January 15, 2007

6:15:04

Yesterday I finished my first marathon! 4 hours after the first folks crossed the finish... I came strolling through! If someone would have told me in the middle of chemo that I would walk a marathon in the next 18 months I probably would have shot out all sort of dirty looks and then laughed at them. But then I got my health back and a new sort of resolution.

A self proclaimed non-athlete, I guess I have to change my song. After my first half marathon my mom told me that I couldn't say I wasn't athletic anymore

Yesterday I finished my first marathon in 6:15:04 - walking 26.2 miles on an average of 14 minutes 19 seconds each.

I was walking for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. Personally I raised almost $4,800, as a team we raised $51,000 and in its entirity, Team In Training brought in over $5 million with this weekend's event with over 1,800 participants in the full and half marathons.

It was amazing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Horray!!!!!!!!!!! You DID IT and we knew you would. You should be proud - not everyone can say they have done what you did. The slide show was great and you guys just seem to know how to do everything. What an accomplishment to bring in soooooooo much money for such a great cause. We are there again, whenever you decide to maybe do it again but even if you don't do it again - just know you had a vast amount of people pulling for you and who support you no matter what. God Bless and each of you give the other a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HUG, Love and hugs, Diane and Tom Hunter

Cathey and Enn said...

Way to go, Sara!!! Congratulations! The pictures are great. --Cathey and Enn