Monday, January 22, 2007

Critters . . .Part II

(Since blogs post newest first, scroll down and read Emrys-1 Critters-0 first)

I'm not a fan of Critters - at all. And very early this morning when was woken by noises it took me a second to realize that they were louder that the scuttering in the attic from the night before and seemed to involve metal and glass. I got out of bed and turned lights on as I looked around the house. I got to the kitchen, wandered through, half awake into the living room and turned again to the kitchen. First my eyes landed on a lot of things that should have been in the window sill, haphazardly in the sink and on the counter. Then over on the top of the stove, sitting very very still was a Critter - little grey squirrel to be exact.

I called up to Emrys - he was still asleep or ignoring the comotion. So I looked around for a box or something to try to lure the little guy into to throw him out - evicted! At 5 am rational thought doesn't come into play - all I thought was "he looks scared and I'm bigger than he is!" Unfortunately he was faster. Even with peanut butter he wouldn't climb into the flower pot I found. Instead he jumped on my hand up one arm, down the other and across the room. I screamed. Emrys finally woke up and called down to see if I was ok. I opened the window and door hoping he'd find his way to the cold air (yeah right!). I closed everything up and went back to bed.

This morning, the flower pot with peanut butter that I left in the sink was still in the sink - minus the peanut butter. Ok Critter, get used to the flavor and find it in the attic. I tried to play nice now Emrys can have ya! And I have to go lysol the Kitchen. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know about critters - we had two mice in the mobile home we had in Frazier Park and did use the old mouse traps and found the hole they were coming from. However, in your case, if there are a few of them, you migh need to have some professional person look into this. (My sister-in-law, in Anaheim, had to get an exterminator because she had mice in her attic - they cam from no where and hopefully are gone.) We wish yo all the best and that the critters will find a nice home somewhere in the woods and not your home. Some times owning a home does come with those annoying adjustments of all kinds. Saying a prayer that the citters leave soon. Hugs, Diane and Tom

Josie said...

Oh Sara, you had me laughing so hard with your critter stories! I hope you get the little guys. But if it takes a while, you can at least provide good stories for your family and friends! Love ya! ~Josie