Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Learning the Loom

Thanks to a gracious gift from friends of mine in the congregation, I now possess a Structo Artcraft Loom. I think it was made in the '60s or '70s (certainly before I was born), from steel. With the help of a lesson from Jim and Sandy, and a deconstructed pair of knit gloves, I had what I needed to try my hands at weaving. Here are a few pictures of the results:

Too narrow (and tight) to be a scarf, too rough to be art--what is it?
After finding a handwritten (!) instruction book on different pattern charts online, I figured out how to experiment with different patterns. You can see some of the rough spots in this photo.


~ emrys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your ever looking to sell that loom please let me know. I am a jewelry artist who is looking for a Structo Artcraft Loom and would be interested in buying it from you if you are interested in selling

Seth L Savarick

slsavarick@earthlink.net