Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring...

I've decided that spring is by far my favorite season. I love, loVE, LOVE!! LOVE!! spring. The green from the hay field behind our house is creeping down our hillside and the yucky muddy brown is giving way to green -not really grass, most likely random weeds, but from the house you can't tell the difference and landscaping that area isn't in the works for this summer! So green is better than mud!



My daffodils and primrose are blooming and so is my favorite tree. Literally in 48 hours it goes from looking totally dead to tiny buds and having these huge gorgeous flowers! If someone know's what kind of tree this is, feel free to chime in and help me out. I've been too busy enjoying nature waking up around me to take the time to research it :).




In the world of backyard veggies, the snow peas are coming up and the spinach and lettuce are in the ground doing their seedling thing. AND (yes there's more excitement to my week) Frog Pond opens on Friday! For those not from around here Frog Pond is the local nursery and farm stand for produce. No more paying through the nose for produce! Somehow they keep their prices super low and I love them for it! And they will have my broccoli and cauliflower plants for me (hopefully) so that they can be introduced to their "summer home" in my garden this weekend!


AND it's almost 8pm and it's still light outside - I LOVE IT!!


Hope you all are enjoying the little things about spring too!

~sjt

1 comment:

Sophie Marian said...

i should come visit in the spring sometime!