Sunday, March 11, 2012

Understanding the Basics

Today we were blessed with a gorgeous spring day with temperatures in the upper 50s and low 60s, the sun was shining and all thoughts of winter were a mere memory as we looked excitedly towards spring.  I was doubly blessed that the Favorite Sitter wanted to come play and took on the task of running Gwen around in the back yard.  They played hard for over two hours and Gwen was pretty worn out by the time they came in and we were getting ready to take the Favorite Sitter home.  Gwen was near tears a the thought of Favorite Sitter having to leave.  I pulled Gwen into my lap for a moment before we left.

"Gwen", I said, "are you tired?"
"No."  Ok, I really didn't expect for my active three-year-old to admit she was tired.
"Are you lying to us?" Favorite Sitter asked.
"No." Gwen replied.
"Are you sure?" Favorite Sitter continued
"No." So we're in the answer "no" to everything point, ok.
"Gwendolyn," I asked gently, "do you know what lying is?"
"Bad." she matter-of-factly answered.

1 comment:

Margery said...

A 3yo is " never" tired in their mind, they could be fighting to keep their eyes open but they are never tired. :)