Friday, July 08, 2005

Medical Supply & Demand

Cycle two of chemo is underway. My white blood count is still low so tomorrow I’m having to get a shot of some fun drug that will prompt my bone marrow to get to work and generate more white blood cells. So please pray that that will go well and there will be minimal discomfort (apparently when the bone marrow gets to work, soreness in the larger bones-thighs & pelvis- are very common).

The Wonder-Drug (Emend) that I got last time that made the post chemo so bearable, is not stocked in any of the pharmacies or hospitals in Durango, Pagosa Springs, Farmington or Albuquerque. It is a very new drug and demand hasn’t gotten it in regular stock yet. It was kind of a fluke that I got the sample from my doctor last time. So we’re trying something else for this time. Please pray that that works as well. Next time we can get the Wonder-Drug in advance

Please also pray that I will be good and rest more and allow my body to deal with the fatigue as it needs. Thank you all who have e-mailed and sent cards and pictures. You’re keeping me smiling! Love to you all.
~sjt

No comments: