Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Botanical Gardens & Baldwin Street

owEmrys woke up feeling better and full of energy today so we set out this morning to see some of Dunedin's better known sights: the Botanical Gardens and Baldwin Street- the Guiness Book of Records steepest street. It was drizzly and gross when we left but the weather improved to clear blue skies by midday. The gardens were awesome! The rose garden was especially spectacular and the fragrance was heavenly. There were also rainforest tracks that we hiked around in.

Then we set out for Baldwin Street and took the hike to the top- definately a steep trek. Now we're off to make dinner and probably crash! I decided to wear my pedometer today in lieu of "training"- we clocked almost 10 miles so I think I have my 4 miles for today covered!

I'm putting the photo album together and plan to post it tomorrow afternoon... stay tuned!

PS. Check out Emrys' post dated entries below :)

No comments: