Friday, January 20, 2006

Garlic Ignites!

Its a slow Saturday at the hostel, I'd been out walking, Emrys out taking photos. We met up at the farmers market then hit the grocery store. Back at the hostel, I headed for the shower and Emrys decided he was going to roast garlic to go on the fresh bread we picked up this morning. As I got out of the shower I hear Emrys yell, usually not good. Then I step out of the bathroom to find Emrys & Marc (one of the folks who works here) frantically trying to keep smoke away from the smoke detectors. I asked Emrys what happened "the garlic burned". Well a little farther into the conversation of the kitchen it turned out that the "garlic burned" was an understatment- it actually caught fire in the microwave. Fortunately the fire alarm did not go off so we didn't have to evacuate the building which was good! So Emrys resorted to just buttering his bread. Roasted garlic will have to wait for another day.

No comments: