Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Navigating Foreign Lands

So yesterday was train tickets. Krissy, Emrys and I step up to the window of the ticket counter at the main train station in Prague to purchase train tickets for our upcoming travels. I had done my research, written everything out so that I could just hand it to the ticket agent and we’d be good to go … right? Well, not so fast. First, the wonderful website had given me less than accurate information so the some of the trains I was asking for didn’t exist. Oops. Then our detail conscious ticket agent slowly went through every detail of every step along the way- which was great. So, after a process, I got through the tickets Emrys & I needed and then Krissy stepped up to the window. By this time a line had formed behind us. The American kid 5 folks behind us applauded when Krissy said goodbye to the ticket agent. Ugh. Glad that one is over! I happily booked flights to Oslo online today, no lines, no waiting, no language issues. Ahhhhh.

After the train station adventure we decided to swing through a market to get some goods to call dinner. I’ve discovered that fruits and veggies in the produce department and fresh baked breads are the easiest to identify! So, guess what we’ve eaten for 2 days! Tonight we went for a grocery run with a bunch of folks from the Seminary here which was great! One of the gals has been here for some time and knows her way around the market like a pro. So when I needed cinnamon, she knew right where to go. What a blessing. So now, our fruit bowl runneth over and its time for fresh bread & veggie soup- with kidney beans. The picture was on the can.

No comments: