Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring Forward...9 Hours!

Well we are on our way to London and I’m trying to wrap my mind around the time differences and impending jet lag. Always the planner, I’m 33,000 feet above Colorado trying to see what’s in store for the next 72 hours. But also knowing in the back of my head that unless the pilot makes up for the lost time it could get even more interesting!

We left a forty five minutes late. No big deal right? Well the ticket agent informed us that if we didn’t hoof it at Heathrow and make our 3PM flight, the next flight wasn’t until 6PM and it’s full. So we’d be looking at an overnight at Heathrow- on jetlag. Yeah! But our friendly ticket agent, once realizing that I had planned prime seats for us in the back of the plane and deplaning a 747 can be a time consuming process, moved us forward to a row nearer the door. And in lieu of our situation and tight connection, gave us the whole row to ourselves. So we’re happily spread out over 4 seats!

So now we’re up in the air cruising along at 550 mph and as I go to reset my internal clock I realized that in London, its 5AM. Great! Its tomorrow morning and I haven’t closed my eyes yet. I’m in big trouble!

To sleep or not to sleep, that was the question. The debate was on once we were seated, do we take the sleeping pills and go right to sleep or wait for dinner. Once they said we’ only get a “light refreshment” before landing, I decided it was best to wait it out for dinner.

So I’ll have some dinner, stretch out over my extra seat, don my eye cover- compliments of British Airways, and rest up for the sprint through Heathrow. Boy am I glad London’s on our itinerary later this summer- I think it’s going to be a blur this time around!

No comments: