Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Reunion with the Sneakers!

So a little over a month ago, I walked a half marathon and it was great! Then we’ve had a whirlwind of a few weeks (Phoenix, Durango, Prague, Krakow, Venice and now back in Prague). My sneakers had been neglected. Stashed they saw the light of day a couple times in Phoenix and then got placed in the closet here in Prague where they’ve sat for almost two weeks. So today I pulled them out, dusted them off and took off walking again.

It’s too early to say I’m training, but I’ll happily call it maintaining. There’s a great park area behind the school here and I’d been given directions for this loop that was supposed to be about 5km. So, armed with my music at low volume, I set out for a 45 minute walk in the park. I think I missed a turn somewhere along the way, too into my music and the running river next to the path I guess. So an hour and a half later found my way home and up the three flights of stairs to the apartment, happily worked out. It felt good to be working out again. Routines are welcome things!

No comments: