Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Small Town Medicine

There are many things I enjoy about or local, small town medical practice.  All three of us are now established patients under the same roof and have wonderful doctors who take time out for you.  
Yesterday we took Gwen to our local peditrician/family doc to get her weight checked out, chart established etc.  The doctor spent the better part of an hour with us gathering information and checking out Gwen.  All was well with Gwen.  However in the information gathering, it came up the Emrys & I had both lapsed on our tetnus with pertussis shots.  So, thanks to small town medicine, Doctor went, grabbed our files, two syringes and, at Gwen's visit, Mom and Dad both ended up with tetnus shots!  At 4 day's old she's not even old enough to appreciate the "see it's not that bad" factor!  

Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so understand that every time I take a child there in the fall/ winter I somehow end up with a flu shot. And I also really like the time she spends with you, must doctors are not like that.