Saturday, January 31, 2009

Introducing . . . (drum roll please)

Gwendolyn Hope!
Our first child and daughter. Let's get on to the important stuff: pictures.

Here's Gwendolyn fresh out of the womb, entering the bright world of light and plastic gloves:

Here's Gwendolyn with Grandma Wheat:
Here's Gwendolyn with Aunt Sharon:
Here's Gwendolyn practicing her stage presence. "And then my aria began with, Aaaaaah, mi amoreeeeee!"


Here's Gwendolyn looking not so happy to be in her carseat:

Now, what I think is really going on in this photo is as follows. The hat she's wearing was woven by some lovely ladies at Lourdes hospital, whose task it is to make sure that newborns leave the ward warm and in style. But see that tassle at the top of her toque? That reminds me of the helmets worn by Mongol warriors when the Khans ruled most of the steppes of Asia. So I think that this hat really transforms Gwendolyn into the Queen of the Mongol Hordes. But what Mongol Queen would ever succumb to the indignity of being strapped into a carseat? None, I tell you. And Gwendolyn knows it.

What's missing? Oh, yeah. Pictures of Gwendolyn with Sara and me. More on that coming. We know that pics of Gwendolyn were infinitely more important to you. Enjoy!

~emrys

5 comments:

Patty said...

What a cute little girl God has given you two! She is SO lucky!

Be sure to give her kisses from me, since sadly I'm not likely to be able to do it for myself anytime soon. I do love to smooch the cheeks of babies!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! With the technology today, I am sure you will have more than enough pictures and videos to write a book about her before she is 10, maybe 5. I will see you soon.

Don E

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

How cute Gwen is! I wish I could be there to touch her and kiss her.
Thanh

Unknown said...

ahwwwww!!!! She`s adorable!
I can`t wait to see her.
Courtney

Anonymous said...

she is wonderful!